Thank you for choosing to visit St. Andrew Catholic Church's website. We hope that you will find what you need here.
We strive to grow in faith through prayer, sacrament, and the sharing of our God-given gifts of time, talent, and treasure. We try to live by our Parish Motto: Finding Union in Communion.
On this website, we hope to provide you everything you need, whether it be the basic information like Mass times (see below here on the homepage), more detailed information like when Religious Education classes are offered (click here), or information about what's going on around the parish (by visiting our facebook page or our blog). If you have suggestions about how this site could serve you better, send them along to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Again, Welcome and God Bless.
Brothers and Sisters,
When we say “we forgive”, we willingly give forth our hand and our heart to another in reconciliation.
In today’s Gospel, Jesus Christ says to His Priests:
“Receive the Holy Spirit. Whose sins you forgive, are forgiven them, whose sins you retain are retained.”
There is a difference between DIVINE Forgiveness and human forgiveness.
This difference is conveyed by the words
“forgiveness” and “absolution.”
When the Priest says “I absolve,” the meaning is different; it means to take away.
The difference is, on the one hand, for us “to give forth” and on the other is for God “to take away” the separation due to sin. Jesus Christ is entrusting this DIVINE POWER to His Church in the person of the Priest.
The Priest with the Divine Power of Christ through the Holy Spirit “takes away” our sins.
As your Pastor and Priest these last 2 years, I’m blessed to have been the instrument of God’s Absolution for you, Thank you.
On a personal note, believe me when I say that it is a deep personal sacrifice for me to leave Saint Andrew Parish and start over again in another parish but I took an oath of obedience. During these two years as your Pastor, please know I have worked tirelessly seven days a week and have served you with great zeal.
May God bless you!
Father Richard York, your Pastor
Saint Francis of Assisi Parish
5265 Placida Rd.
Grove City, FL. 34224
Vigil: Saturday 4:00pm
1:30pm (Mass in Spanish)
7:30pm (Mass of Need in Chapel)
Monday - Friday: 7:30, 9:00am
National Holidays: 9:00am
7:30am, 9:00am, 10:30am
7:00pm (Bilingual Mass)
(or by appointment)
Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament
Divine Mercy Chaplet: 3:00pm
Monday - Friday: 8:00am - 4:00pm
Monday - Thursday: 7:00am - 2:00pm
Friday: 7:00am - 5:00pm
Exploring God's Creation
June 15-19, 8:45a-12 noon
K-8th Grades (in Fall 2015)
Click the image or here for all information.
- Jerry Harrington, Pastoral Assistant for Evangelization
- Dr. Carmine Macedonio, Religious Education Director
- Edison Gibbons, Parish Youth Coordinator
- Judy Brunson, Pastoral Assistant for Liturgy
- Dr. Thomas James, Music Director
- Mary Ann Nielsen, Parish Business Manager
- Robin Green, Administrative Assistant
- Jerry Harrington, Website Administrator - Church
- Bob Ahrens, Website Administrator - School
- Bill Higgins, Maintenance Head
- Anne Spears, Religious Education Assistant
- Jodi Castiglione, Religious Education Assistant
- Maritza Cedeno de Smith, Church Office Receptionist
- Naomi Gomez Roberts, Church Office Receptionist
- Bruce Bennette, Maintenance Assistant
- Carlos Garcia, Maintenance Assistant - Church
- Vicki Pyjek, Rectory Housekeeper