RelEd: RelEd Registration
Families must register in the Religious Education Office.
The Diocese of Venice guidelines state that an individual celebrates sacraments in the parish in which he/she is registered. If you registered for Religious Education last year, you need not worry about this requirement. If you are a new family to Religious Education at St. Andrew (or newly returning after years away), then you need to complete a Parish Registration form which can be found here.
As the Registration Paperwork is long, we highly encourage you to download it and COMPLETE IT BEFORE COMING TO THE OFFICE. That way, you can complete it at your leisure and your time in the office will be minimized.
2020 Registration Packet in English - coming soon!
2020 Formularios de Inscripción en Español - coming soon!
At Registration Events, we will have bilingual sets of forms available to fill out.
Before getting started, please answer these questions:
- Do you have a child who has NOT been baptized?
- Do you have a child in Grade 8 who has NOT received the Sacrament of Holy Communion?
If you answered no to both of those questions, proceed to Step 1.
If you answered yes to either of these questions, please call our office (239.574.2411) before proceeding with registration since your situation is more complicated and requires a longer conversation. Thank you.
STEP 1: Learn About Our Program!
Visit the Religious Education Program Overview page and from there download the Program Handbook to read. (A physical copy of that handbook will be provided to you at Registration.)
STEP 2: Fill Out Forms
Registration Information and forms can be found above or by stopping by the Faith Formation Office (Mon-Thurs 10a-4p). Fill them out at home and save a lot of time.
STEP 3: Come to a Registration Event
Registration Events to collect your forms and payment will be held in the Religious Education Office according to the following dates and times:
Wednesday, Aug 7, 4—7pm
Thursday, Aug 8, 4—7pm
Sunday, Aug 11, 10am—2pm
Tuesday, Aug 13, 4—7pm
Saturday, Aug 17, 10am—2pm
Sunday, Aug 18, 10am—2pm
If you are unable to attend a Registration Event, you will need to call the Faith Formation Office (239.574.2411) and make an appointment to come in and register.
- A copy of the child’s baptismal certificate should be presented at the time of registration.
- If you do not have a baptismal certificate, you need to contact the parish in which the child was baptized and request one. Remember it may take a little time for that parish to mail it to you, plan ahead!
- If your child was baptized here, at St. Andrew, please provide the month and year and we will look up the baptism. In this case a copy will not be necessary.
- Parents or legal guardians must sign the child’s registration for Religious Education classes. Legal guardians must provide copies showing their legal guardianship.
For further questions, please contact the Religious Education office at 239-574-2411 or through email at Anne Spears, Religious Education Assistant, at firstname.lastname@example.org or Jodi Castiglione, Religious Education Assistant, at email@example.com.
Back to Religious Education Main Page