RelEd: RelEd Registration
Families must register in the Faith Formation Office.
The Diocese of Venice guidelines state that an individual celebrates sacraments in the parish in which he/she is registered. If you registered for Religious Education last year, you need not worry about this requirement. If you are a new family to Religious Education at St. Andrew (or newly returning after years away), then you need to complete a Parish Registration form which can be found here.
As the Registration Paperwork is long, we highly encourage you to download it and COMPLETE IT BEFORE COMING TO THE OFFICE. That way, you can complete it at your leisure and your time in the office will be minimized.
2018-19 Registration Packet in English (updated 8/5/18 - if you used the one that was posted prior, please use this version instead, sorry for the inconvenience)
2018-19 Formularios de Inscripción en Español (revisado 8/5/18)
At Registration Events, we will have bilingual sets of forms available to fill out if necessary.
Before getting started, please answer these questions:
- Do you have a child who has NOT been baptized?
- Do you have a child in Grade 8 who has NOT received the Sacrament of Holy Communion?
If you answered no to both of those questions, proceed to Step 1.
If you answered yes to either of these questions, please call our office (239.574.2411) before proceeding with registration since your situation is more complicated and requires a longer conversation. Thank you.
STEP 1: Learn About What’s New!
We’re making some big changes to the program this year! Visit the Religious Education Program Overview page and from there download the brand new Program Handbook to read. (A physical copy of that handbook will be provided to you at Registration.)
STEP 2: Fill Out Forms
Registration Information and forms can be found above or by stopping by the Faith Formation Office (Mon-Thurs 10a-4p). Fill them out at home and save a lot of time.
STEP 3: Come to a Registration Event
Registration Events to collect your forms and payment will be held in the Faith Formation Office from 10am—2pm on the following dates:
Sunday, August 5
Sunday, August 12
Thursday, August 16**
Tuesday, August 21**
Wednesday, August 22**
**On these weekdays, we will also be open 7-8pm.
If you are unable to attend a Registration Event, you will need to call the Faith Formation Office (239.574.2411) and make an appointment to come in and register.
- A copy of the child’s baptismal certificate should be presented at the time of registration.
- If you do not have a baptismal certificate, you need to contact the parish in which the child was baptized and request one. Remember it may take a little time for that parish to mail it to you, plan ahead!
- If your child was baptized here, at St. Andrew, please provide the month and year and we will look up the baptism. In this case a copy will not be necessary.
- Parents or legal guardians must sign the child’s registration for Religious Education classes. Legal guardians must provide copies showing their legal guardianship.
For further questions, please contact the Religious Education office at 239-574-2411 or through email at Anne Spears, Religious Education Assistant, at firstname.lastname@example.org or Jodi Castiglione, Religious Education Assistant, at email@example.com.
Back to Religious Education Main Page