RelEd: Program Overview
Click here for a Letter of Introduction from our new Director of Religious Education, Jerry Harrington.
An Overview of the Religious Education Program at St Andrew:
- Most of our Religious Education sessions begin in September and go through May, complimenting the public school year.
- Regular Registration begins in August. Classes will begin after Labor Day.
In the 2017-2018 school year, weekday sessions:
- Grades 1 - 8 and First Year Confirmation for High School Students: Tuesday OR Wednesday, 5:30 - 6:45pm
- Second Year Confirmation is a separate program, the details of which are sent to candidates who complete the first year.
FOR THE 2018-19 SCHOOL YEAR, OUR PROGRAM WILL BE CHANGING. CHECK BACK FOR MORE INFORMATION IN THE COMING WEEKS.
Click here for a handout explaining our Drop Off & Pick Up Procedures.
NOTE: We strive for no more than three (3) absences during these weekly classes and programmed gatherings. More than three absences may bring into question the personal preparedness of the child to celebrate a sacrament.
All religious instruction is in English, however, regarding prayer:
- learning the traditional prayers of the faith is the responsibility of the parents/families,
- children should learn these prayers in the language of their families and faith community,
- helping your child to be comfortable in his/her prayer life is essential for both prayer in the home and with the faith community,
- developing an active personal prayer life is key to leading a Catholic lifestyle.
Back to Religious Education Main Page
Or if you need the Religious Education Registration