RelEd: Program Overview
Click here for a Letter of Introduction from our new Director of Religious Education, Jerry Harrington.
An Overview of the Religious Education Program at St Andrew:
- Our classes begin in September and go through May, complimenting the public school year.
- Registration begins in July for returning families and in August for new families. Classes will begin after Labor Day.
- Children are placed in classes with children of the same grade in public school, regardless if the child is new to our program or continuing religious instruction in our program.
In 2017-2018 school year, weekday classes
- Grades 1 - 8 and First Year Confirmation for High School Students: Tuesday OR Wednesday, 5:30 - 6:45pm
- Second Year Confirmation is a separate program, the details of which are sent to candidates who complete the first year.
Click here for a handout explaining our Drop Off & Pick Up Procedures.
NOTE: We strive for no more than three (3) absences during these weekly classes and programmed gatherings. More than three absences may bring into question the personal preparedness of the child to celebrate a sacrament.
All religious instruction is in English, however, regarding prayer:
- learning the traditional prayers of the faith is the responsibility of the parents/families,
- children should learn these prayers in the language of their families and faith community,
- helping your child to be comfortable in his/her prayer life is essential for both prayer in the home and with the faith community,
- developing an active personal prayer life is key to leading a Catholic lifestyle.
Back to Religious Education Main Page
Or visit the Sacramental Preparation Page
Or if you need the Religious Education Registration